Friday, October 31, 2008
Hello.
Level closure. Today was fun, kind of emotional. But I went into hysteria, and I'm glad I did! So let's see, our group for Art won bronze, like WOAH. I thought they were just going to display it, but haha, cool. My first official art prize. And then it was spring cleaning, we (meaning my tablemates and I) cleaned all the tables. But we finished amazingly fast. And then we went to set up Munning's drums. We climbed the stairs okay! And the stuff was really heavy. Recently I've been getting my sufficient hand pt in unique ways. Mainly carrying back-breaking, muscle-stretching and skin-pulling stuff. Okay it isn't that heavy, because I managed. Anyway, we took really long to set up. Because Munning only had one functioning hand, and she was the only one who knew how to set it up. So we did most of the manual work while Munning attempted instruct us. Then it screwed up, because for some strange reason the amplifier was really soft. So we had to shift everything around, trying other power sockets, speakers etc. We spent a lot of time racking our brains for more ways to try and unscrew the whole thing. But I enjoyed myself a lot. At least I got to spend my quality time with my dear tablemates.
During break Grace had to run and go sell stuff. I had to go meet a teacher for the emcee thing, and Munning went to look for a Multi-plug. I spent the whole of break running around looking for people. After that it was class closure. Hulaoshi talked to us. I'm starting to think that all FTs get really emotional with their classes. At 11 we proceeded to the music room. We locked Mr. Chia and Hulaoshi out, and rehearsed a bit. Well not really, the class was practicing and talking amongst themselves and Grace and a group of us were at the piano. It was kind of funny, because Grace was trying to figure out the chords for the chinese song, and then Weimin and Huizhen were helping and giving opinions, and then they all had different opinions so they turned to me. Lol. I was like, I don't think the rest will actually see the difference. Haha.
The performance was really good. Even though we never rehearsed the whole thing once together. Cool right? And Mr. Chia and Hulaoshi were really touched. They started getting really emotional. And they made us emotional. I was on the verge of tears. So I just looked down. Good thing I couldn't see clearly, I'm sure I would have cried if I could see their faces clearly, all i heard was their voice, and I could clearly hear emotion and 'tears'. Mr. Chia makes us emotional everytime he talks to us. Would you call that his gift? :D I'm glad I didn't cry, I didn't want to start it, and I know it would make me cry more, and I didn't want to spoil this special day.
Next it was level closure. It turned out to be informal! And everything we planned was formal! So we scraped the entire script and changed speakers. It was so rush! And then our montage screwed. SO Jan and I took up montage time to talk. I think the others were sian-ed dead, but I'm glad 207 enjoyed it, it was all for them anyway. Jan and I were super nervous! I told i had stage fright. And we improvised a lot, and forgot a lot of stuff too. Jan rocks at improvising I promise. Some of the classes had really really nice montages. But I have to say that 201 had the best. It was really artistic and cool. And it gave me a really good idea :D
After that we were sort of officially dismissed. But we all stuck around here and there. We watched our class montage and talked and retarded here and there. I was starting to move towards hysteria. Meaning, I started being really really retarded. Amanda Alyssa and I (Triple A) went to the broadcasting studio for our recording. That was when I really entered hysteria. I started being really retarded. You can ask them. I did taiji. I played speed throw catch with Amanda, and I did tennis taiji. Seriously. Both slow-mo and fast-mo. Turns out we were at the wrong place. There's an actual recording studio we never knew existed!
It is extremely cool! Mr Ng taught me how to use it. I promise I really really felt like an actual director. We recorded our monologues and did sound effects and everything. We had some moments of retardedness. We recorded songs! And played with the sound to try out the effects. It all turned out really funny. And I felt so professional. Amanda has this picture of me editing! I looked like a real director! Cool. And I love it. And now I'm officially their director plus agent. And I must say I love my job.
After that Elena Manda and I went for grad night duty. Manda and I did ushering at the stairs. It was kind of funny, we had like a sign language for solemn face when we started laughing too much, and one for smile which is the look we had to put on as ushers. It was really cool. I was entertaining Amanda with my hysteria. I felt like a real real usher. Like you know, those in black suits, sunglasses and an earpiece! The parents are so funny, its like they walk all the way to where we are and they have no idea where to go!
Then our posts got 'stolen' and we started drifting. There was no place for us. So first i went to the gym to greet Wulaoshi and tell her I was helping out for grad night and got my letter and bug's from Amanda. We attempted reading, but then gave up after a while, we were kind of lazy to try deciphering her handwriting. We drifted everywhere for a long time, looking for somewhere we could help out at. At one time we admired the art works! Haha, I played piano a bit and got scared that someone would come looking for us and scold us. Then we had dinner. And drifted more.
Finally we ended up lying down at the top of the field steps. We admired the sky and view and just talked. We watched the sky turn from light blue to black! And we watched the clouds move from right to left. We took some really cool photos. And we just talked and sang. When ti got darker we started talking. We talked about everything. Friends, family, I told Amanda my 'secrets'. The friends part is our usual topic. I love making impressions of Grace Munning and everyone else. I think I've told the same things so many times that now Amanda can finish my sentences. Of course, I still haven't ran out of impressions and things to say about them :D I think I'm going to have to start keeping a sharper eye on her, she knows too much. Haha. It was nice sharing myself with her. Its hard to talk about certain stuff. And Amanda always seems to be the one I share it with. I guess she's the only person I ever get alone time with. And she's a pretty good listener and a really funny bimbo. Its like the old days. So thank you Amanda! It was nice being somewhat 'girly' with you. Girls share everything don't they? Haha. But don;t you ever there to ask me that truth or dare question. I'll kill you if you-know-who is there. I'll most probably end up hiding in my toilet bowl for a few weeks if she knows.
When the ceremony ended we went back to the canteen. Amanda had some leftovers and we drank tea! Then we found Mr. Chia and chatted with him. It's fun, I can be myself completely with him. Like when I'm with my friends. It was really funny. I can't really describe it. We talked to him all the way to 10! Even though we got interrupted here and there, after we went to the pe dept we talked for really long. He asked a lot of questions about us and the class. We told him about level closure cause he missed it.
So overall, I'd say today was one of the most memorable days of my entire life. I think I've had quite a number of different emotions. And I'm glad that I spent it laughing and being really happy. I guess when I'm with my friends its hard not to smile. But the hugs made me a little sad. Now that I'm away from them, the fact that today is the last official school day and sort of us being a class, I'm feeling really really sad. I can't bear to leave them. Our class was just so special. Everyone unique in their own way. And I can't believe it's really over.
@ 11:23 PM