<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/36156447?origin\x3dhttp://theparaded.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Hoho. I think the previous post is possibly the longest post I have ever written. To think that this was the shortest camp I ever attended :D So I'm just going to continue but try to keep everything as brief as possible.

Day 2. Friday

We were debriefed and then we headed to the quadrangle for 'linear physical training'. Basically we just played some lame games that required some running and moving around. Then we had breakfast. After that it was "So you think you are right" it was some debate on who should be blamed and who should compensate the most on a car accident scenario they gave us. It was pretty okay, I didn't do much, and anyway, the argument was between the paramedics, Jane, and the traffic police. The rest hardly blamed anyone else, so we had nothing much to defend and all.

After that we took group pictures. All the groups formed the letter of their group using themselves and XiaoEn took from above. That part didn't take very long. Then we moved to the quadrangle to take a full group picture with all the PSLs and also with the teachers. This took a while. After that we went to have lunch. We all ate quickly so we could go up and pack our bags. but I realised I was pretty much packed already, so I just took out my dry clothes and all and changed into my dark clothes for the water games.

Then we had a long long discussion on improvements for the sec 1 orientation, for next year. First we discussed about the structure and all as an overall, then we did another long session on PSS. This whole discussion took a seriously long time. There were lots of good suggestions from the PSLs, and I hope they'll try to see if it can work. It was pretty a lot of changes suggested, so I don't think they'll all happen so quickly. Actually i think XiaoEn's idea of the exco getting the help of the rest of the PSLs was a pretty good idea. That way the exco won't be so stressed and the other PSLs get a try at organising stuff.

After that it was finally time for the water games. Our first station was not exactly very wet.we divided ourselves into half and held a bucket up with our feet. And then the facils slowly added water to our bucket. It was extremely easy and nobody's bucket toppled. The facils were like "it's suppose to topple, why isn't it toppling?" So they got us to lift it up as high as we could and then put it back down. Again it didn't topple at all. We were only a little wet because Evelyn purposely spilled water on us when she was filling up our bucket.

The next station was super fun. They connected 3 benches and put soap water on it. Then two people from the two groups had to slide across the benches as quickly as possible and meet each other halfway and then we had to play scissors paper stone and try to get across all 3 benches. It was extremely fun, and I'm glad I never got over. Because I got to replay it so many times! It was really retarded. And our butts got all soapy!

The next station was the one that got us all wet! Half of us were blindfolded. I was one of them. And then we partnered up and our partners directed us to pick up sheets of plastics, it was amazingly easy to recognise Livia's voice, even with Nainai shouting away at me. I managed to pick up loads of plastics thanks to Livia! Then they made us use the plastics to protect ourselves as they poured water on us. Of course if that plastic you couldn't protect yourself at all! Plus I was blindfolded! But it was still extremely fun. Rachael didn't play so after that we all when to hug her. I went to hug Nainai too!

This next station was the craziest. We had to use soap and water to style someone's hair into a certain hairstyle the facils gave us. I went and volunteered, though it was before they really told us what to do. And we got the astro boy hairstyle! It was so retarded. And my hair got shampoo-ed like mad with sunsilk! And it was really really funny and retarded. The other group got Marge, from the Simpsons. After that I got a full shower. Because when they poured water over my hair to get the soap off, they also poured on my shirt. And ended up pouring it down my entire body! After that i had this really really strong smell of sunsilk in my hair!

So after that we all got changed, and had tea, which was a box of beehoon. After that we had spring cleaning, my group cleaned up the canteen. We were pretty lucky, because the original arrangements was that we were supposed to clean the toilet, haha.

After that it was time to break camp and all. So they announced the results of the night trail and debate. And also a new demerit point system. Everyone was so scared they all kept asking questions on it. It is seriously extremely extremely strict. Lastly it was the prize presentation. Every group got sth, because it turned out all the funny names were from their facils for the groups. Guess what Evelyn gave our group? The Most Marathon-loving group! Lol. Because of our amazing race. Haha. She was so impressed by our brisk walking apparently.

So that was it, we took some group photos, I went to give hugs to NaiNai and Evelyn before I left. I fell asleep when i went home, and decided to cancel piano, or rather shift it to some other day. Took a shower blogged a bit and went to bed.

Phew, now I'm finally done. Haha, and off for lunch.

@ 12:03 PM

profile
Abigail ♥ ABBY.
Artistic Gymnastics, Tramp :D
Apparently ecentric
Also Loves Jason Mraz
And the Twilight Series
And F.R.I.E.N.D.S :D
And Patrick Dempsey
And Grey's Anatomy
And Nastia Liukin ♥
And Shawn Johnson :D

tagboard


links
aishyn
alicia
amanda koh
annabelle
anthea
ashley
audrey
caijing
caleb
carmen
charity6
charlene
chatzone
cherie
chuanling
delena
elaine
elena
elissa
elysha
fongyi
grace
grassae
hairou
haiyun
hannah
huilin
huiling
huiyee
huiyun
huizhen
jeanne
jiaqi
jiayi hong
jiayi tan
jingying
jolyn
josephine
joy
justina
lamers
lauren
leexin
linfang
lingyue
livia
mabel
marilyn
mary teoh
miaoxin
morgan
munning
olly
peining
pingzheng
pnglin
qiaohui
rina
ruixiong
shaian
shenyang
singqing
steffi
susanna
tessa
vanessa
xiaoen
xingying
xintong
xuyue
yeshze
yiteng
ysabel
yuqing
zhengxuan
zhongxuan
zoe
207'07
207'08

Jason Mraz
Nastia Liukin
Shawn Johnson

blogskins
yahoo
youtube

credits
designer : kathleen
image : ysr1
brushes : juvenilecasualty
lyrics : McFly - I Wanna Hold You

An army for the broken hearted
Marching through the streets
The city's in surrender
And it's falling at your feet

memories
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009