Friday, October 17, 2008
Hello, before blogging about way past stuff. I'll blog about sth much more recent. Since it's still fresh and all. And that sth would the PSL Camp I just came back from. Oh gosh, I know it was sort of impromptu, but still it was really fun, though really really short. And I guess it was really worth missing our free marking days for this.
Day 1. Thursday
Reached at about 7.40 and waited for Rania until I got my shirt, and then reported to the conference room together. After we the debrief and all we set off for our first activity- The Amazing Race. It was supposed to be around Singapore, but the teachers were kind of worried, this is in fact the first time they had an Amazing Race outside of school (Wow). Our group was kind of lucky, our first clue was extremely easy- the Esplanade. So like we immediately rushed to the bus stop, like even before half of us got to see the clue, lol. And when we reached the bus stop, our bus just arrived. The ride was pretty long actually, the people on the bus must have been so freaked to see a bunch of green girls squeezed up on a bus on a school day. Anyway, we stopped at Orchard MRT and trained to City Hall.
The whole thing was crazy walking. And it was all in that area. So we were constantly going all the way back to the MRT station and to another place. In total we went to the Esplanade, Raffles City, and different parts of Suntec City, and also attempted another station near S'pore river. But it was too far away so in the end we just headed home. The stations were pretty fun. For the Esplanade one, we performed a fairytale and it was video-ed, we chose snow white cause it had the most characters. I was the military dwarf, completely made up. Extremely retarded. Then there was the station where we had to find where certain pictures were taken and take a different pose at each one. That was really funny and really fun. We came up with the most retarded poses. There was a station at the fountain of wealth. We walked around the fountain with one hand in the water and made 3 rounds wishing. Lol. Then we had lunch. And we made a video saying "WE LOVE SINGAPORE" with some Indian tourists. We ended up taking like more than 10 vids with them saying "WE LOVE INDIA" lol. Because they requested and we kept having to take it cause more and more people wanted it. So we had like 3 0r 4 rounds and each time there were around 3 cameras. We spent like more than 10 mins on that I think. But at least they were friendly enough to agree. There was also a station where we just fed fish fish food, and one where we bought subway snacks. On our way back, we got slurpees. And we were again super lucky, because when we got on the MRT it was empty, and then we got on the bus a few stops earlier than two other groups, so we sat while those two groups stood all the way. And it was a really long bus ride.
We were all extremely tired after that. We had free time for about an hour, and then it was time for workshops. For us Sec 2s and 3s, we didn't have much to do, so we rented Army Days from the library to watch. It is such a retarded show, but I didn't really get it. After that we all went to play captain's ball. It was all really fun until it started raining!
Then we had this Peer Mediation workshop. It was really fun. The instructor had quite a few activities for us. the first one was to seat face to face in pairs, Person A tells Person B their 3 favourite food and B tells A their 3 favourite movies. And we had to remember what the person said. And when she blew the whistle all Bs had move down a seat. I was Person B, but I didn't know what my favourite movies were so I changed here and there. The second activity was also using the same arrangement. A tells B sth, and B has to try to guess A's emotion and get A to talk about their feelings.
The third is my favourite. We did actual Peer Mediation sessions! I volunteered for the example. So it was the Twp instructors as Mediator and Co-Mediator, and Myself and Amanda from 213 as Disputants A and B. Being a disputant rocks. It was all impromptu. We quarreled over Amanda's pink pen, I sort of broke it and denied breaking it, and Amanda wanted me to pay. And my solution was we sign a contract to be clear. It was really stupid, I made the whole thing up on the way.
Then they let us try in groups of four. So it was Jan, XiaoTong, MianJun and myself. We had the most retarded scenarios. Jan and I fought over who was hotter, McSteamy or McDreamy :D You should probably know who was on which side. And the sit was we both believed that the other was disrespecting their choice of guys and trying to force the other to like their guy. Lol. XiaoTong and I fought over project work. I did more, she did less and we got the same marks, so I was unhappy. XiaoTong and MianJun fought over AV duty. The sound system screwed up during a choir concert and XiaoTong who was in charge went to the toilet during the period it screwed up. So she was scolded though she claims to have told MianJun to take over. Jan and MianJun fought over boyfriend problems. Jan has a boyfriend called Ethan (:D), they are on rocks and are working it out, and then Ethan was said to have started dating MianJun, and MianJun and Jan are bestfriends. So Jan is accusing her of stealing her boyfriend. That was really retarded. Lastly Jan and I fought again, this time over a pair of pink heels. Jan saw some heels she loved but didn't have the money. When she finally got enough money the shoe is gone, turns out I bought it and it was the last pair. This was super fun. I love disputing with Jan. But seriously, all four of us are equally good at all the roles. It was really really funny and retarded. And I completely irritated people, not bad.
Oh Elena and Xiao En pretended to be Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, and their problem was that Brit's manager was at the scene during Paris' concert and the music screwed up. So there was some commotion. And their solution was damn gay, they decided to make an album together. I mean the idea wasn't gay, it was just how Xiao En and Elena did it. Like in these gay voices and all. I mean the people in my group are just convincing, but we don't go to the extent of gay. Just 'B-chy' and bimbotic.
So after that we had dinner and bath. Rania and I finished super early and even when we were done bathing, the rest hadn't come up yet. So we spent the whole of bath time sitting at the back watching Xiao En lead the Sec 1s in a song session. It was ultra retarded. Well you know XiaoEn.
Then it was the night trail. It was so freakishly retarded. When the two "ghosts" came in to give instructions, and they said Murder of Matthew Chua, everyone started laughing cause of the retardedly random name, it was so anti-climax. Our first station was pretty easy to guess, the photocopying shop. The thing was the photocopying shop was super in, which equals super freaky. And some of our group members were pretty scared, and they scared themselves and the rest of the group too. So we just stood in the light at the staircase in the admin block in front of the hall. Then we went back up to tell Ms Lai that we couldn't go. Because I mean if we left the scared people behind we'd be dead cause there'd only be half of our small group left which is like 3 people? Then we went down again and finally decided to wait for the next group to come. The other group was huge. And they just went pass us to the station so we went with them. In the end it wasn't scary at all! Because the light at the rock wall was on, and we only had to stop there. We had to make as many paper cranes as possible in 3 min. And in our group only Hilary and I knew how to make I think. But we tried our best. And the rest did their best to help too.
After that they weren't too scared. But our next station was the dance studio, and we were like thinking of all the mirrors and scared ourselves again. So again we walked with the other group. Good thing they told us that the police would come if we nudge the doors so we didn't, but we were freaked out like mad when Eva just came out of the toilet door. She was all happy. So it wasn't too bad. But she was kind of freaky in the overly happy sense. She's pretty good at acting her part. We made her a cake out of cups and we put a torchlight on top as a candle. She went back into the toilet after that. And then we didn't know how to get our next clue! She knocked on the door so I was guessing that we had to open the toilet door, but we were all kind of scared. So we ended up sort of kicking the door, and accidentally hit Eva, SORRY Eva. She ended up having to come out to tell us the clue. Apparently she was actually supposed to whisper through the door.
This next station was the scariest. Because it was the darkest. And the people there were one of the most paranoid. First of all, the Matthew ghost at that station had scary fringe, so we couldn't see her face, at all. And then it was the cleaner, who was the one who lost his mind. It was Xiao En btw. We were so confused. Because the ghost was like "Come closer" "Come closer" and then when we got really close she went "Go away" And she kept doing that so we didn't know what to do. We didn't manage to complete the task in the end, because we had no idea what they wanted us to do. So i think they gave up and just told us their piece and gave us our next clue.
Again they used the number thing. Which was super irritating. It was the pavilion. And for this really long time, I had no idea what it was. Mental block. Anyway, they managed to tell me what it was and we made our way there. But before we decided to go, it was kind of dark and freaky so we didn't go immediately. Instead we listed down what we knew and what we suspected. Because in that station we could ask 4 questions that could help us solve the mystery. When we saw another group approaching we dashed across but in the end they went first. It was super hard to hear what Evie was saying, cause she was speaking so softly. And the irritating thing was the matthew ghost was constantly walking in a circle and the pavilion isn't very big you know. The Matthew ghost came to us and was like "Go to the guard house until i call you" in the ghost-y voice. How retarded. That station was quite easy, we had to find 3 pieces of paper with the same number that fromed like a few bars of a Mozart piece. And we couldn't think of questions to ask! And she was hurrying us, which is freaky. We sort of wasted 2 questions, because she said I don't know, and we were like "Dang".
Our next station was the car park. It was Elena's station! I wasn't really scared because no. 1 it was Elena. And she was acting so Elena. So I'm used to it. But she was acting pretty paranoid. Like Elena-weirdness to the max. No.2 she had no costume so she looked normal. No. 3 the Matthew ghost was the least scary. She was like smiling at us and all. And she just walked around at human pace swishing her cloak at our heads. Retarded. We had to sing the school song one word person. First we were out of tune, or rather speaking, so we had to redo. Then we kept forgetting, so redo. And then we kept pausing trying to remember, so redo. And then like when the Matthew ghost started irritating them and asking us to go faster they got scared and broke off, redo. It was so retarded. Finally we managed to sing in tune, it was way way easier to remember the words then. And everyone was helping to mouth along the song.
That was supposed to be our last station, but Elena gave us a clue. And we went through the talking thing again. Lol. Until they realised after asking us many many questions, that we already finished all our stations. So we ran back to solve the mystery on who was the cause of Matthew Chua's death. We finished our discussion really fast. Cause i actually managed to use reverse psychology and cut the whole convo down. And in the end we were corret. I was shocked actually, I can't believe my reverse psychology worked. But we were a whee bit off. As in we interpreted certain things Xiao En said wrongly. When she said "Accidents can happen" we thought she was trying to push the blame, turns out she was but she literally meant she accidentally killed Matthew Chua. How retarded.
After night trail we had a movie. We watched Step up! Again. But I still enjoyed it, and it brought back memories. We all laid in or on our sleeping bags and watched. Jan fell asleep! I told her she was going to fall asleep in that position of hers. Guess what when she woke up, she sort of woke me up accidentally. Then she wanted to go and brush her teeth. I was still super tired but after much nagging I followed her. When we got back I was like "what time is it?" cause the rest were still sleeping. So Jan showed me her phone, guess what? It was 1.35am! I was like "JAN!" the softest I could managed. She's such a retarded person, waking up in the middle of the night and not check the time! No wonder I was still tired. the sec ones however are retarded people. They woke up between 5-5.30! We only got up to brush our teeth at 6.15. And we were supposed to wake up at 6.30! Of course we were awake due to the intense noise and then the irritating slide. It wasn't even 6.30 and they were the ones who said wake up at 6.30. Cause we were to assemble at 7. Jan was irritated because the moon was still up. She was like "The moon is still up, the moon is still up! The moon symbolizes night, we aren't supposed to wake up and brush our teeth when its night!" now that I mention it, she is kind of ironic. She was the one who woke me up at 1.30am to brush my teeth!
Okay i'm tired, I shall blog the rest tomorrow. Now I shall watch one more episode of friends and got hit the hay. I hope my parents forget about tuition, I feel like just poning, i don't feel like telling my teacher that I'm going to fail chinese terribly. And I don't want to wake up early. I'm tired!
Meanwhile, nights. Oh and I noticed sth, for certain CCAs, the people in it are all really really similar. For example debaters. Oh gosh! They are all the same. Seriously, even their NORMAL actions.
@ 9:39 PM